goodbye to travel... almost

One last leg left. I'm in the Ferihegy Airport in Budapest, Terminal 2, waiting for my flight to London Gatwick to board. I've got an odd nervousness in my stomach. Part of it was how sad it was saying goodbye to Max this morning at 6 a.m., and some saying goodbye to my very dear friends later about 3 p.m. And part of it is going to yet another new place for a short time and figuring out the logistics of that.

Side note, the woman who checked me in scolded me because the maximum is 20 kg for two check-in bags, and mine weighed 27 or so. We'll see how I do getting into the States; I don't think there's a strike at Heathrow that would let me get away with not paying the extra fees. How is my stuff this heavy? Also, how much luggage are we allowed to have? I don't know the answers to either of these questions.

So. I'll be in London doing who knows what for five days, then I'll head back to SoCal on Christmas, getting into LAX in the afternoon. I'll stay at my parent's house in Irvine for two weeks, then go up to Yale early on January 7th and Max will help me move into my new room with Shoshana. I bought motorcycle lessons for a Christmas present for myself!

It's been nearly a year of travel and adventures, and I'm tired. I thought I was a traveler, and I think I will always have a bit of wanderlust in me, but it's time for this girl to go home. I'll put up London photos or something soon. I have a picasa album of photos I show to my parents; lots of them have appeared in this blog over the past year as well: http://picasaweb.google.com/yenergy/MoreFall2008?feat=directlink and http://picasaweb.google.com/yenergy/Budapest?feat=directlink

0 comments: